Cake Addict

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Yummies

To make up for the fact that I didn't buy any yarn in Sicily (there wasn't much to be found), Jamie picked up some Baby Cashmerino for me when he was in London on Sunday. Look!

















I got 2 balls each of the pink and green and 3 of the purple. A few of my friends are having babies in the next few months and I'm going to be knitting lots of hats and matching booties. I have to send out some major props to Jamie for picking up the yarn for me. He raced to John Lewis before they closed and had to deal with a grumpy salesperson, and he didn't complain once. Hugs for Jamie!

In other knitting news, I cast on for Purly Whites' Cable and Seed Stitch Baby Hat and I absolutely love it! I'm having such fun knitting it that I'm not getting any work done. And the Baby Cashmerino is delicious to work with.


In addition to knitting yummies, I also have some other tempting treats around the house. On Saturday, I got up early and took a train ride 3 hours EACH way to spend a day in Brussels. Why, you ask? To buy CHOCOLATE.

At first, I was a bit embarrassed to admit that I went all the way to Brussels just for chocolate. But travelling 6 hours and planning my day solely around food is such an absolute me thing to do that I just had to embrace it. In an attempt to make myself seem slightly less desperate for chocolate, I do have to point out that half of the 30 or so bars that I bought were for my mom and most of the ones I got are for gifts. The funny thing is that I've never been that interested in chocolate. My vices have always been Red Vines, Now 'n Laters and all the sugary stuff, and if I did eat chocolate it was always the cheap stuff. But once I went to Belgium, I was hooked. Galler is my absolute favourite although on this trip I discovered that Pierre Marcolini is also sublime (but more expensive).

I've only eaten one bar so far and have wrapped up all the ones I'm giving as gifts, and I'm hoping my will power will last. Every morning since Sunday I've woken up and have had to convince myself that baking brownies from Galler cocoa isn't a basic human need. Although right about now food and water pale in comparison.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey -- a trip for chocloate that good is always justifed! I went on vacation to Santa Fe, NM this year, and whenever anyone asked why, I always said: "for the food!"

    The baby hat looks good. I've been meaning to start one, too, but too many other projects are getting in the way.

     
  • At 9:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All this, "Oh look at me I stopped in Sicily, oh look I'm in Brussels, oh la London." I HATE YOU I HATE YOU.
    Oh look $260 RT from Boston to Amsterdam. See you in about 10 hours...

    OK so I think I might visit late April (if not sooner)?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home