Cake Addict

Friday, November 09, 2007

#&$#*$#($)@!@!@^!&@^


CRAP.

I don't even know where to begin.

I don't know if I can even say/type this out loud.

Here goes:

I'm pretty sure I have a moth problem. I noticed moths flying around months ago but I was pregnant and didn't want to deal with it. Then last week I found two dead moths in my current knitting project box and I can't deny it anymore. Now my baby girl is 12 weeks old and I feel as ready to deal with this probelm as I'll ever be. I threw all the yarn from that box in the freezer but am too freaked out to check the rest of my stash. I've researched on ravelry and the internet but keep finding conflicting information. Some people suggest just chucking your stash. ???!!!!!!! The whole stash???? WTF???

I have some Debbie Bliss Pure Silk and an almost-finished Handmaiden shawl sitting in the freezer . Do I need to throw those out??? What do I do???

Help!!!!

I think I'm going to hyperventilate. And then weep.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:12 p.m., Blogger Andy Baker said…

    This is what I heard about really killing the moths - and I guess I ought to start doing it myself. Put the yarn in the freezer (probably like overnight?) and then take it out. This will signal to the hybernating creatures that "Winter is over! It's time to hatch!" So they will hatch and then you put it back in the freezer, which will really kill them. I also just bought a bag of lavender from De Tuinen and I'm going to make little sachets to put in the shoeboxes which house my stash. Good luck. I've never seen evidence of moth munching, but we had a moth problem a few months ago.

     
  • At 4:04 p.m., Blogger Annemarie said…

    yep, the freezer is the right solution!
    and hey! congratulations with your little baby!!! i saw your note on my blog and found yours here. i heard you were pregnant, but i haven't seen you in such a long time that i had no idea if she had arrived yet or not. glad to hear you are ok and healthy and happy... except for the moths then (-;

     

Post a Comment

<< Home