Cake Addict

Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm back

I haven't posted for awhile, mostly because I've been trying to figure out where I'm going with this blog. As soon as I started reading blogs I decided I had to have one. But once I had one, I didn't quite know what to do with it.

There's a part of me that feels completely self-indulgent for writing a blog. Why would anyone want to read what I've written? I also have a very difficult time writing when I know someone else is going to read it. I end up editing my words so much that the real message and my voice don't come out and a bland bunch of words are left. And I never tell anyone that I have a blog because I'm a bit embarrassed. It feels like such a public place to be so personal.

So I had a long think about why I really wanted a blog and whether I should continue or not. And I recognized that I love keeping up with people's lives on blogs but I don't know if that's what I'd really like to do with mine. I also love to look at blogs to get knitting project ideas, reviews and yarn inspiration. I love that you can type in Koigu 432 and then link to a blog where you can see what it looks like knitted up. So that's what I'm going to do with mine. For now, it will be more of an on-line gallery of knitting projects plus some other stuff occasionally thrown in.










Priscilla's Dream Socks in Koigu P200. I've finished one and am halfway through the second. I'm following the pattern and did short row heels but I get a hole in one side of them. I'm trying to be a bit less anal with my knitting so I'm just going to ignore the holes and focus on how fun they are. Why on earth I wanted pink and purple socks I do not know...

1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the colour. That yarn looks great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home