Cake Addict

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

If anyone's still there...

So I want to make this:



















I need to do a crochet edging for a baby sweater and I was searching online for some help when I discovered the NexStitch website. I don't normally like crochet but I like this and I want to make it. But under the skill level description it says:

This tunisian crochet shawl pattern is listed at an intermediate/difficult skill level because of the chosen yarn. It should be attempted by those with some tunisian crochet experience who demonstrate an ability to work with multi-stepped patterns.

Umm... I don't know anything about Tunisian crochet or multi-stepped patterns. I know the basic crochet stitches and that's it. Do I have any chance of actually making this thing?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jeannine,

    I followed a link back and came across your post here and though I'd respond. I would recommend practicing Tunisian crochet by watching the free videos on my site. They're here:

    http://www.nexstitch.com/v_Tutorials.html

    It's not listed on the page, but the stitches used are the cluster stitch:

    http://www.nexstitch.com/v_tcls.html

    and Forward Pass and Return Row (Tunisian Simple Stitch):

    http://www.nexstitch.com/v_basic.html

    What makes it intermediate is the yarn (it's slippery and fuzzy), otherwise I would consider it an advanced beginner.

    Hope that helps!

    Amie
    NexStitch

     
  • At 11:51 a.m., Blogger Katey said…

    Hi - don't know anything about crochet. But your reference to Ferris Bueller's Day off has given me my first laugh of the day!! Just thought I'd tell you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home