Cake Addict

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Moth Update

Well, I've found those dirty little bastards in every room of the house I've checked so far. In my sweaters in the bedroom, on the cat post in the family room and in an old knit hat that I hate in the entryway. I threw away all my sweaters- drastic times call for drastic measures- and am currently spending every spare second vaccuuming and washing and wiping down surfaces. We've also bagged up a bunch of stuff to be drycleaned. I'm not the best housekeeper in town but we also don't live in absolute filth.

Uck-I feel guilty for having moths and every second I spend chasing down moths is a second I don't spend with my little girl and that makes me feel like a terrible mother. I know I can't spend every second with her and frankly she needs to be able to amuse herself (which she does quite well), but I still feel like I'm neglecting her lately. This whole stupid moth issue pushes so many of my buttons and just creeps me out.

I'm tired of living in a furnished apartment. I want a place that feels more like home. I want to be surrounded by our own stuff. We've lived this wonderful jetsetting lifestyle for almost 4 years now and I'm ready to settle down.

Enough whining. I need a shower, there are loads of laundry to be done and breakfast is sounding good right about now. What was that I was saying about a jetsetting lifestyle?? In an attempt to end this post on a non-whiny note and because I hate posting without photos, here's a picture I took of some women knitting when we visited Dubrovnik last October. Not very exciting, but I don't have much knitting progress to report at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home